Monday, August 15, 2011

Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti "Round and Round"


In my opinion, this song is quite enjoyable because of the use of instruments to complement the vocals and the overall beat of the song. Although this song maintains a pronounced bass line like almost every song these days, it maintains its individuality through its multiple sets of vocals (one maintaining the chorus and one adding on verses.) As well the song is more enjoyable through the use of the vocals to complement the synthesized instruments, without the singers wholeheartedly indulging in the synthesized branch of the song by auto-tuning their voices. The musical facts I have picked, have greatly influenced my opinion through helping me greater analyze the song, through which i have come to find and appreciate its individuality. I, specifically, do not have any bias, but i feel like those children of our generation who solely listen to the non-stop party music on the radio would automatically label this song as an "80's song", as I heard so many do in class. I would recommend this song to any listener who enjoys music that is mellow, individual and upbeat; just as this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment